- Does the Excel data you need to analyze seem to always be a different structure and format every time you turn around?
- Does your data have multiple accounts in one worksheet and you need the data in separate sheets?
- Does your data have complicating headers, footers and subtotals?
- Does it have embedded graphics and report formats that you have to work around?
- Does the date format change based on the source location of the data?
- Do you get data spread out across worksheets and workbooks and you need it all in one place?
Our Versatile Excel Importer will adapt and handle all kinds of polymorphous data formats and structures. Some accounting systems output data in hierarchical account-subaccount structures that can be a headache, such as the QuickBooks Transaction Detail by Account report. Let our Versatile Excel Importer be the cure. Show us 10 of your most problematic datasets and we’ll make sure it works on all of them.
You operate a simple dialog where you identify the Excel column letter for a few key account data columns such as the date and amount. Select one file, multiple files or a whole folder containing a bunch of files.
The Versatile Excel Importer will hunt the accounts of interest and collate them as necessary for any subsequent analysis or presentation you wish. These accounts can be G/L, A/P, A/R, T&E or any other identifier for the data. We make it very easy for you to provide a list of account identifiers and with the press of a button all your data is collected and ready the way you want it.
Check out some examples of our work that employ the Versatile Excel Importer: